3 Features You Might Have Missed
- International SaaS companies looking to enter Southeast Asia’s market will find this report summary useful — it offers actionable insights on customer retention and acquisition, along with case studies of successful companies like DocuSign, Airwallex, and DataRobot.
- According to the Singapore Early-Stage Emerging Tech Startups 2022 Report by SGInnovate, the country’s tech startup ecosystem is expected to remain robust despite economic uncertainty. Take a look at our summary of the report, which focuses on four verticals — Advanced Manufacturing, Agrifood, Sustainability, and Health and Biomedical Sciences — and highlights six key takeaways that outline the opportunities and challenges for startups in these areas.
- In our Q&A with Peter Barcak, co-founder and CEO of credolab, we discover how our smartphones’ metadata can be used to assess our creditworthiness for loans — a move that can improve access to financial services for individuals who have limited or no credit history.
2 Newsbites from the Week
- Check out the winners in the 2023 Alibaba Global E-Commerce Challenge finals held in Singapore — a competition that saw teams from seven different universities competing for the top three spots by presenting their strategies on market opportunities and strategies for businesses under Alibaba International Digital Commerce Group.
- Leading Chinese automaker BYD is set to continue its success in the electric vehicle market as its Chairman and President, Wang Chuanfu, predicts domestic sales of new energy vehicles to reach up to 9 million units this year.
1 Thought from the Team
We’re currently seeing plenty of restructuring and regrouping for organizations in the tech and startup scene, across all sizes. It’s a good time to rethink the product and how it can better serve its users, especially when the market is as saturated as it is.
The KrASIA team