The Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator Indonesia Demo Day was held in person for the first time in Jakarta on August 11 at BLOCK71 Jakarta. Ten finalists pitched their ideas to a panel of judges, including Eric Purwoko, solutions architect at Alibaba Cloud; Juvenco Pelupessy, principal of Skystar Capital; Jeffry Irmawan, head of acceleration program at Indigo; and Jordy Tenka, senior investments associate at East Ventures.
The event kicked off with an address from Eggy Tanuwijaya, head of FSI Solutions at Alibaba Cloud Indonesia, who affirmed Alibaba Cloud’s commitment to the initiatives they have been working on in recent years to support Indonesia’s startup ecosystem.
Startups that participated in the Demo Day were those operating in gaming, edtech, e-commerce, retail, and other sectors. After the startups presented their pitches and the judges had time to review them, Duckie Land was named the winner of the event. Duckie Land gives gamers ownership of in-game assets and allows them to increase their value by actively playing the game. By participating in the in-game economy, players will receive rewards and create more value for other users and the ecosystem. The rewards for these digital assets include cryptocurrencies and in-game resources that are tokenized on the blockchain.
“We are grateful to have come in first place at this year’s Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator Indonesia Demo Day. This is the result of our team’s hard work over the past year. This award will help us continue to run and develop our technology and infrastructure,” said Febrian Pottanobu, CEO of Duckie Land.
“The enthusiasm that these Indonesian startups displayed at this year’s Demo Day was inspiring! Through this event, I was able to gain new insights and knowledge from talented participants. Congratulations to all the participants! You are all winners!” said Darlin Valentine, marketing manager of Alibaba Cloud Indonesia, when asked about her impression of the event.
Here are the other startups that took part in the Demo Day:
- Lexipage Messenger is a messaging application that can be used to send and receive text messages, files, and calls securely with end-to-end encryption.
- Keyta has developed an e-commerce tool to improve and simplify the day-to-day transactions of online sellers.
- Raggam is an online marketplace for rental goods that provides marketing and advertising programs to help vendors find more renters.
- Mobilman.id is an online marketplace that provides services for buying and selling used cars.
- Siklus is a delivery company for sustainable retail and refill products. The company manages a fleet of drivers who deliver products such as liquid soap and cooking oil in dispenser systems for customers to refill at home or on the go.
- AturKuliner develops software to help F&B businesses save time and money. Its software can be used to identify unknown costs, calculate ingredient costs with precision, and manage various aspects of business operations such as procurement and inventory.
- Torche Education is an edtech startup. Users can access e-tutoring classes for engineering-related subjects on the platform, as well as a range of other activities such as seminars, webinars, bootcamps, and more.
- Restock.id is a peer-to-peer lending platform that connects investors with micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises that require capital but are unbanked.
- MySkill is a platform that supports young adults in Indonesia as they enter the workforce. Users can access a variety of resources on the platform, including e-learning videos, bootcamp sessions, mentorship programs, and more.
The Alibaba x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator Indonesia Demo Day was held on August 11, 2022.