After a decade’s journey of innovation and development, the previously known Overseas Talent Entrepreneurship Conference (OTEC) is now officially been upgraded to the Chaoyang International Talent Entrepreneurship Conference (hereinafter referred to as “ITEC”) .
The theme of the ITEC 2022 is “Gathering International Talents and Innovating the Digital Economy”, and includes ITEC Global Entrepreneurship Competition, ITEC International Innovation Summit, ITEC Ecological Partner Innovation Conference, etc.
The newly upgraded ITEC Global Entrepreneurship Competition focuses on attracting high-quality, innovative, and entrepreneurial projects and talents from all over the globe. In addition, the Organizing Committee will work with industry-leading enterprises to offer larger prize awards, improved mentorship, and industry networking opportunities.
This year’s competition consists of the Chinese-Mainland and Overseas divisions, and the participants will be categorized into “Early-Stage” and “Growth-Stage” brackets.
The Chinese-Mainland division tracks are based on industries, with the participants can only compete in 1 out of the 4 industry tracks – IT, AI, Digital Culture or X (i.e. all projects that fall outside of the first three industry tracks). And the Overseas division tracks are based on regions and sub-regions, including North America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, or Others.
Overall, the competition will be conducted from September to December 2022.
See competition guidelines as follows:
1. Competition Tracks
(1) New Generation of Information Technology
● Industrial Internet, Integrated Circuits, Cloud Computing, SaaS, VR AR, 5G, etc.
(2) Artificial Intelligence
● AI basic layer, AI technology layer, AI general application layer, AI scene application layer, AI chip, Deep Learning, Intelligent Algorithm, Natural Language Processing, Knowledge Map, Machine Learning, Intelligent Robot, Intelligent Internet of Things, etc.
(3) Digital Culture
● Digital Media, Digital Creativity, Digital Content, New Online Audio-Visual, Digital publishing, Digital Cultural Tourism, Digital Entertainment, Digital Sports, New cultural Consumption, etc.
● Metaverse, Geo-information Technology, Photoelectron, Medicine and Health, etc.
New Generation of Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Culture, X
North America Region, Europe Region, South Asia Region, East Asia Region (2 tracks), Southeast Asia Region (3 tracks)
● Online registration through the official competition channel | September 16th – November 25th, 2022
(2) Preliminary Round
● Online screening of the submitted projects | Late November 2022
(3) Secondary Round
● Virtual roadshow to shortlist for on-site investigation | Early December 2022
(4) On-site investigation
● On-site investigation (review) of the participating projects | Mid- December 2022
(5) Global Finals
● In-person roadshow to determine winners | Late December 2022
4. Conditions of Entry
(1) Participating projects must choose one category to compete in, between “Early-Stage” and “Growth-Stage”. Submitters must be the primary founders of the participating projects and must be shareholders of at least 30% (aftermarket penetration and combined calculations) of the company.
● “Early-Stage” Category: Registration and establishment of projects are between 0-3 years from January 1, 2020 (inclusive).
● “Growth-Stage” Category: Registration and establishment of projects are 3-10 years from January 1, 2012 (inclusive) to December 31, 2019.
(2) Legal Entity/Company represented by the participating project cannot be a publicly listed company (except for companies listed on the New Third Board and New Fourth Board).
(3) All members of the participating projects should abide by the Constitution of the People’s Republic of China and relevant laws and regulations, have no criminal record of major dishonesty, have good conduct, and have good professional ethics.
(4) The participating project must have legal intellectual property rights or authorized copyright and have innovation and commercialization potential.
(5) Participating projects not incorporated (registered) in Chaoyang District should have the intention to register a company in Chaoyang District.
(6) Participating in projects can’t take part in more than one track.
(7) Entrepreneurs and startup projects that have received the original OTEC Global Entrepreneurship Competition prize support or the original “Phoenix Plan” entrepreneurship project funding can participate in the competition, but won’t be able to obtain the same incentives. Incentives will be reduced to new prizes only.
5. Project Evaluation
The competition follows the principles of “fairness, impartiality, and openness” to ensure that the evaluation results are objective and true. The Evaluation Committee consists of relevant industry experts in Chaoyang District, investors from venture capital institutions, and technical experts.
(1) Judging Process: Participating projects must fill in the registration information through the official registration channel. The preliminary contest will be conducted in the form of an online materials review, and the semi-finals and global finals will be conducted in the form of roadshows. The total roadshow time for each project is 10 minutes (5 minutes for pitching and 5 minutes for Q&A. In the finals, pitching time will be extended to 7 minutes and 3 minutes for judges’ Q&A). Only primary founders who meet the entry requirements are allowed to pitch and compete.
(2) Judging Criteria: All projects will be evaluated on multiple aspects, including product positioning, team composition, management capabilities, core technology, product application, market prospects, investment value, industry comparisons, and more. Projects will be judged intuitively based on their status, but also their long-term development potential. There is a key focus on the project development potential in Chaoyang District, including its investment value and market prospects.
(3) On-site Review: The Organizing Committee will randomly select projects for an on-site review of the participating projects, and the Assessment Team may visit the project office to conduct on-site verification of basic information, landing intention, and feasibility of the project in Chaoyang District, the background of team members, patent ownership and business conditions, etc. to determine the finalists.
(4)Due Diligence: The Organizing Committee will invite professional institutions to conduct due diligence on the winning projects. If projects are found to be fraudulent or refuse to cooperate with the due diligence process, the project will be disqualified from the award. Vacant prize slots will not be backfilled by an alternative project.
(1) If a project does not meet the entry conditions, the Organizing Committee has the right to disqualify the project and remove it from the competition process.
(2) The Organizing Committee reserves all rights to modification and final interpretation.
6. Prize List
(1) The winning project must be registered in Chaoyang District for industrial and commercial registration and tax registration and established as an independent legal entity. The enterprise must carry out actual business activities such as R&D in Chaoyang District. Award-winning projects that have not yet registered companies in Chaoyang District should incorporate in Chaoyang within one year of receiving the award.
(2) The winning project may only apply for the awarded benefits and services after registering Chaoyang and meeting the aforementioned requirements. The primary founder of the project (such as CEO/chairman/shareholder) who received a 3rd place prize or above in the competition, is also automatically selected to join the “Phoenix Plan” community and will receive corresponding benefits and services.
(3) The number of awards may be adjusted depending on different scenarios, and the awards can be vacated if conditions are not met. Excellent projects with innovative solutions, unique value proposition, and high growth potential or projects that can create enormous economic benefits once it delivers upon their purpose may be granted additional awards after being verified and approved by the Awards Committee.
(4) The Organizing Committee reserves all rights to modification and final interpretation.
7. Registration Channel
Log in to the “Chaoyang International Talent Port” ITEC registration website or scan the QR code to register online.
Registration URL: https://www.chytalents.gov.cn/static/website/login
Scan the QR code to register:
ITEC Contact :
Phone / WeChat : Ms. Zhang 15210511170
Email: [email protected]
Guidance Unit: Leading Group of Talent Work of Chaoyang District Committee of Beijing Municipal Committee of the Communist Party of China
Host Unit: Office of the Leading Group of Talent Work of Chaoyang District Committee of Beijing Municipal Committee of the Communist Party of China
Organizer: Wangjing Overseas Students Pioneer Park
Co-Organizers: Beijing Chaoyang High-level Talents Service Center, Chaoyang District Commission of Development and Reform of Beijing Municipality, Chaoyang District Bureau of Science and Information Technology of Beijing Municipality, Chaoyang District Bureau of Commerce of Beijing Municipality, Chaoyang District Financial Service Oﬃce of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Administrative Committee of Central Business District, Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun Chaoyang Park, Beijing Administrative Committee of Central Olympic District, Administrative Committee of National Cultural Innovation Zone of Beijing Chaoyang District, Beijing Chaoyang District Committee of the Communist Youth League of China, Chaoyang District Association for Science and Technology of Beijing Municipality
Partner Investment Institutions:
ITEC 2022 International Entrepreneurship Competition Service Package