The Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator brings together new technologists, venture capitalists, and other players across Asia to identify startups that are compatible with Alibaba’s ecosystem. The Hong Kong Demo Day, which looks to highlight startups focused on the Hong Kong market, is being warmly received by both local and regional startups. Representatives from Alibaba, Ondine Capital, Gobi Partners, and Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks evaluated the submissions to choose eight finalists operating in seven sectors. This event will be take place at the Charles K. Kao Auditorium in the Hong Kong Science Park. It will be the first in-person Demo Day of our program.
Here are the eight finalists for the Hong Kong Demo Day to be held on October 18:
- Cloudbreakr provides a platform that presents analytics, discovers marketing influencers, and manages campaigns to improve the ROI of social media pushes.
- Ignatica is a SaaS platform for insurers. It provides a range of tools and services to allow insurers to create and deliver insurance products.
- Know Your Customer provides digital KYC and client on-boarding solutions for financial institutions and regulated organizations.
- KreditOne provides an app-based virtual credit card solution for unbanked users in countries such as India, Sri Lanka, and Mexico.
- LORA Technologies has created a stock trading platform called AskLORA that uses AI to provide high quality information to retail investors and guide their investment decisions.
- Mazecare is a digital healthcare platform for patients, health providers, and insurers that provides access to health services, medical records, billing, claim adjudication, and payment services.
- Propcap Technologies is a real estate secured lending platform. It provides multinational financial mortgage products to customers by matching borrowers with lenders internationally.
- Sprout helps companies manage their stakeholders, stock options, fundraising processes, and cap tables.
The Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator is part of Alibaba Cloud’s Project AsiaForward initiative, which aims to bring digital transformation to enterprises in Asia and nurture fresh talent. Through this program, startups have the opportunity to join Alibaba’s global ecosystem. Startups can also develop connections with top VCs in Southeast Asia and China, as well as become the subject of coverage on KrASIA, 36Kr, and more.
The Hong Kong Demo Day will be held on October 18, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (GMT +8). If you are in Hong Kong and wish to attend the event, please register here.
18 Oct 2-5pm (GMT+8)
Charles K. Kao Auditorium, Hong Kong Science Park
1/F, Lakeside 2, 10 Science Park West Avenue, Pak Shek Kok, Sha Tin
RSVP here to watch and support the startups.