Menu
KrASIA
News

Telkom Indonesia and SingTel appoint new CEO and network director at Telkomsel

Written by Cindy Silviana Published on 

Share
Both appointments will accelerate Telkomsel’s transformation to a digital telco.

Indonesian state-owned telecom operator PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk. (Telkom Indonesia) and Singapore Telecommunications Ltd. (SingTel) have appointed Setyanto Hantoro and Venusia Papasi as the CEO and network director, respectively, at Telkomsel.

Telkomsel is a subsidiary of Telkom Indonesia, which owns a 65% stake in it, while the remaining 35% stake is held by SingTel. Hantoro replaces Emma Sri Martini, the former CEO of Telkomsel, who was appointed the finance director at state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina last November.

Hantoro has worked with the Telkom group and its subsidiaries for almost 11 years now. Before assuming his current role, he was the CEO at Telkom Metra and acting CEO at MDI Ventures, Telkom Indonesia’s corporate venture capital arm. Papasi, meanwhile, was the vice president of network operations at Telkomsel before taking on her current role.

“The new structure of management aligns with the company’s strategy in continuing the transformation to be a digital telco company,” said Denny Abidin, a Telkomsel spokesperson in a media statement.

Telkomsel is the largest telco operator in Indonesia. It also the main revenue contributor for Telkom Indonesia.

Share

You might like these

  • News

    Swvl expands to Jordan with launch of corporate transportation offering

    By 

    MENAbytes

    28 Nov 2020    01:35 AM

KrASIA InsightsKrASIA Insights

  • Xiaomi, Huawei, and Oppo currently take nearly 66% of the country’s mobile market share.

    Insights

    How China’s smartphone titans grew to dominate Myanmar’s fledging market

    By Stephanie Pearl Li

    26 Nov 202006:05 AM

Most PopularMost Popular

See All