Menu
KrASIA
News

KEY STAT | Huawei and Apple own 88% of China’s high-end smartphone market

Written by Julianna Wu Published on 

Share
The high-end smartphone makers Apple and Huawei are only separated by a mere 0.1% difference in market share.

With 44.1%, telecommunication giant Huawei holds the biggest share of China’s high-end smartphone (priced over USD 600) market in the first half of 2020, said the latest report of research institute IDC.

Apple, who just launched four new models on its iPhone 12 line, covering a price range of USD 699 to USD 1,099 (Chinese versions start at RMB 5,499 to RMB 11,899), tails behind with a mere 0.1% difference in market share.

The two brands together control 88.1% of China’s high-end smartphone market, leaving the remaining 11.9% to domestic phone makers like Xiaomi, Oppo, and international ones like Samsung.

With the rapid penetration of 5G phones, China is seeing more and more high-priced smartphone products since 2019, said the IDC report.

Read this: Does the gaming smartphone have a future?

This article is part of KrASIA’s “Key Stat” series, where KrASIA picks and presents the most significant figures of the day’s technology and business world.

Share

You might like these

  • Events

    AIRP Exchange Series 4: Vulcan AI seeks foreign partners in the machine vision technology industry

    By 

    AIRP

    16 Nov 2020    01:40 PM

KrASIA InsightsKrASIA Insights

  • Local companies only control less than 1% of Indonesia’s gaming market, while the rest is dominated by foreign games.

    Insights

    Can Indonesian gaming firms compete with global players?

    By Khamila Mulia

    22 Nov 202001:05 AM

Most PopularMost Popular

See All