3 Features You Might Have Missed
- Cryptocurrencies have been around for years now, but they aren’t widely adopted as a payment method yet. In fact, the latest FIS Global Payments Report highlighted that only 18% of merchants and consumers said they used cryptocurrencies for person-to-business payments. Discover why in our feature.
- The era of human influencers is coming to a close, and the rise of virtual influencers is upon us. But what are the implications of this shift, and should we be concerned about the impact of these digital beings on our culture and society? What are the advantages and drawbacks of virtual influencers and the ethical considerations surrounding their use? Join us on a journey into this uncharted territory and discover whether virtual influencers are the next evolution in marketing or a Pandora’s box that we are unwittingly opening.
- From the importance of product SKU precision to how media budgets are shifting to measurable channels, these are the ten trends to look out for in retail media and advertising, according to a report from Criteo.
2 Newsbites from the Week
- Vietnam’s economy is grappling with a decline in exports and investment, leading to a significant slowdown in GDP growth. The country’s heavy reliance on exports, especially in clothing, footwear, and electronics, has been hit hard by the global economic downturn. Read about it here.
- LinkedIn’s InCareer app has just bowed out of China after two years, due to fierce competition from domestic job-seeking platforms. However, the Microsoft-owned company plans to continue having a presence in the country. Check out the news piece here.
1 Thought from the Team
As entrepreneurs, we’re constantly juggling about five hundred balls — business development, marketing, fundraising, product development, not to mention health, family, and social life (ha). But no one can keep all those balls in the air at the same time. The key to keeping sane is, to paraphrase author Nora Roberts, knowing which are the glass balls and which are the plastic balls.
The KrASIA team