Keeping it short and sweet, just like this week. Anyone else love four-day work weeks?
3 Features You Might Have Missed
- Augmented reality (AR) glasses — do they add value to the movie-watching experience? Or will issues with screen quality, usability, and compatibility impede their adoption?
- Discover the challenges hindering EV adoption in Asia, and how the governments in China, Vietnam, and Singapore are tackling these issues.
- As Southeast Asia embraces renewable energy and moves away from fossil fuels, can it truly save the planet? Coal has long been the primary source of energy in the region, but the potential of a fully renewable energy grid is now being explored. However, with the need to address the energy crisis and tackle climate change, what challenges and opportunities does this green revolution present?
2 Newsbites from the Week
- It’s now possible to make payment for your cai png with Alipay+ at 11,000 stalls in Singapore hawker centers.
- Expansion is always tricky, especially if you’re in the fresh food business. Find out how Alibaba-owned supermarket chain Hema is faring with its rush to increase market share.
1 Thought from the Team
Regulations are the bane of any innovation project, especially in Singapore where you have to fight through a sea of permit applications and play a few games of email tennis before getting approval for an idea. What issues are you currently facing with regulations? Let us know; we might be able to help.
The KrASIA team