Hi there. It’s Brady.
It’s tough to learn a new language. I know because I’ve tried this with several different languages over the years. Success depends on a few things, like dedicating time to daily drills and memorizing new vocabulary, as well as the instructional techniques of your tutor—if you have one.
The founders of LingoTalk, a company based in Indonesia, realized that a degree of flexibility and customization matter a lot to students who are on the journey to learning a new tongue. Their platform uses AI to figure out each student’s weak spots, and develops a lesson plan and learning materials on a case by case basis.
The platform has found success. It serves students who are still in school as well as adults who are learning new languages to advance in corporate settings. And, it was one of the ten finalists at the Alibaba x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator Malaysia Demo Day.
Khamila profiled LingoTalk. You can read about the company here.
- Four key stats from Finder’s report on digital banking adoption.
- iQiyi is preparing a secondary listing in Hong Kong, says Bloomberg.
- Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator announces finalists for Hong Kong Demo Day.
- 5G pushes the crowded Indonesian telecom field toward three big carriers.
- New investor in Indonesian e-payment service Ovo cuts Grab stake.