KrASIA is expanding its presence in Asia, and we’re on the hunt for a new member who will join our team in covering the tech beat for the region.
The ideal candidate we’re looking for is a go-getter with a keen interest in the development of startups and technology. You could be who we’re looking for if…
- You have a good understanding of how the industry and ecosystem works,
- Terms such as “blockchain”, “pen testing”, and “AGI/ANI” are not new to you, and
- You believe you have a knack for writing and communication.
Here are the key responsibilities the new member will likely undertake:
- Produce articles and other written content, including news, feature stories, and more.
- Push content to generate social media activity and engagement.
- Participate in and support our internal feedback loops to optimize our content direction, search engine performance, and more.
- Connect with industry players and experts to build our brand and establish rapport.
- Support the business team with client-oriented editorial pieces.
- Provide ancillary support on occasion for a variety of activities, such as filming, interviews, and events.
While not mandatory to be considered for the role, our experience from prior hiring cycles suggests that candidates with the following qualities will make a better fit:
- Strong command of the English language (using American writing conventions).
- Strong bonus if you have a strong command of Chinese or other Southeast Asian languages.
- Conscientious to deliver work timely and at the standards needed with minimal supervision.
- Creative with ideas and capable of developing interesting perspectives to stories.
- Have an interest in contributing to the tech industry and ecosystem in Asia.
Should you not consider yourself a perfect match for the role based on the above, we encourage you to apply nonetheless as our scope of needs change over time and we’re happy to discuss if the specifics of the role can be modified for mutual benefit.