The Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator brings together new technologists, venture capitalists, and other players across Asia to identify startups that are compatible with Alibaba’s ecosystem. The inaugural Demo Day, which looked to highlight startups focused on Malaysia, was well-received in Southeast Asia. Representatives from Alibaba, Vision Plus Capital, Altara Ventures, and Telkomsel Mitra Inovasi evaluated the submissions to choose ten finalists from Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia operating in eight sectors.
These are the finalists for the Demo Day to be held on September 10:
- Janio is a technology-enabled logistics provider, offering e-commerce logistics, freight forwarding, and customs clearance services across Southeast Asia.
- Curlec builds technology on top of payment infrastructure to make it easy for businesses of all sizes to collect recurring payments and take control of their cash flow.
- Minimo Tech provides online-merge-offline solutions for retailers and consumers.
- Talentcloud.ai offers fully unified enterprise-level human capital management software that integrates human resources, benefits, talent management, payroll, time and attendance, and recruitment. Talentcloud.ai synchronizes HR data across each of the modules, reducing manual errors by automating the full system data calculation.
- Agiliux is a SaaS developer that provides insurance professionals with an end-to-end workflow and management platform. Its solutions seamlessly connects both global and regional systems without disrupting existing or legacy infrastructure.
- Sipjoy offers multi-café coffee passes for a standardized price. Through a proprietary app, consumers are able to purchase pre-paid plans and redeem coffee orders from Sipjoy’s partnered merchants. To date, more than 12,000 cups of coffee have been redeemed through Sipjoy.
- ClicknCare is a telehealth platform for migrant workers that provides access to affordable healthcare and doctors that can speak their language. With current two types of services, migrant workers can consult both GP and specialist doctors online. Users can also order over-the-counter medicines or receive prescriptions, with which they can purchase medication from ClicknCare’s partner clinics and pharmacies.
- 4PointX is an industrial-analytics-of-things (IAoT) platform that enables plant operations managers to dramatically decrease the time-to-value in industrial AI and IoT implementations.
- LingoTalk is an edtech platform focusing on delivering efficient language learning with the support of an AI-based recommendation system.
- Healtopedia simplifies a consumer’s experience to discover, compare, and book their desired health services such as health screenings, mental health services, physiotherapy, cryotherapy, ayurveda, traditional medicine, and more.
The Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator is part of Alibaba Cloud’s Project AsiaForward initiative, which aims to bring digital transformation to enterprises in Asia and nurture fresh talent. Through this program, startups have the opportunity to join Alibaba’s global ecosystem. Startups can also develop connections with top VCs in Southeast Asia and China, as well as become the subject of coverage on KrASIA, 36Kr, and more.
The inaugural Demo Day will be held on September 10, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (GMT +8). Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator’s upcoming Hong Kong Demo Day is currently open for applications.